Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Update on Heart Palpitations

Thank you for the support regarding the situation of my health. 13 years of bulimia has certainly taken it's toll on my body, and it all seems to be hitting me at once. Right now, as I'm sitting here writing this, the heart palpitations are hitting my chest, making me catch my breath. I truly thought that this stuff wouldn't happen to me. I mean, my body had held strong for so long.

Still, I have faith that, with lots of self-love and nurturing, my body can be healed.

After speaking with my primary care doctor today, I called a cardiologist in Portland and made an appointment for late February. She also told me to monitor my symptoms and to go to the emergency room if I experience any dizziness or shortness of breathe. I am also going to my dietitian appointment on Monday, and I can't wait. Healing through nourishment!

Thank you, all, and remember to take care of your amazing bodies.

-Emily


3 comments:

  1. i will keep you in my prayers. crazy things that happen to our bodies because of our eds can be scary things - i have been through soooooo much with mine, and i am grateful that my body is slowly starting to heal from everything. we always think we are invincible and that we can have our behaviors and sneak under the radar of the damage but... we can't. i am proud of you for still fighting and working as hard as you have been. you have come such a long way and it's been so great to see this change in you as you are fighting for recovery. keep it up!! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a mysterious liver infection last year. Also bone aches around the ribcage and occasional panic attacks. ED is this! Yet we have so much hard time leaving it.

    Heart probs/uncomfy sensations can come from benign or serious causes. The key thing is to stay calm. Maybe it is anxiety. Now you have done what you should have - searched health care. That is good. You are taking action and caring for yourself. God sees you. He sees that you are trying. That is enough. We cannot erase the past. Let's look into the future! You can start eating properly today. EDs heal fast too. Our bodies are amazing, if given proper fuel.

    I am standing there with you, fighting out of this! We have to believe that we can be free!!!!! One day at a time, learning to love 'you'. Very warm hugs! (I'll e-mail you about teaching English soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so scary... It's so strange how things can change in an instant and how something you didn't think was an issue... can become one the next day -- I've been going through something similar with my kidneys, so I fully understand... and am truly sorry you're having to go through this.

    ReplyDelete