Sunday, January 15, 2012

Just checking in...

Hi everyone!

How are you all doing today? I just wanted to stop by my unkempt blog to let you all know that I'm doing pretty darn good. I have been seeing my therapist, Sarah, regularly, and I'm beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I also see the immense amount of work that lies before me in order to discover how glorious recovery can be.

There have been good days, and then there have been really bad days when I just want to throw in the recovery towel. What I have learned from Sarah is that struggling and relapsing is only truly a failure if I don't learn from it. Every time I relapse into my old ED behaviors, I pick myself up the next day and continue fighting. Every day is a new day for change and good health.

(I even sound healthier, don't I?)

A key motivation that keeps me going is the dream of someday helping others who struggle with low self-esteem and eating disorders. I'm not sure how I'll be able to do that, but I know that the passion and desire is within me. I also know that the first step is to make myself a healthy person.

I think that's all for now. Thank you for reading!

-Emily











































1 comment: